The majority of visitors will need to apply for a Social Cultural Visa, either by mail or in person at your nearest Indonesian consulate. Make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Indonesia and that your passport has blank pages, as your Indonesian visa will take up one full page.
The Social Cultural Visa allows for stays of up to 60 days (including date of departure and arrival), and it covers educational visits, and visits to NGOs. For U.S. applicants, the visa application portal can be found here. Mail-in applications generally take up to two weeks to process. Once your visa application is approved, you have 90 days to use the visa to enter Indonesia.
Visitors visiting for a few days can acquire a Visa on Arrival upon arrival in Indonesia.
Letter of Invitation from ASRI
One requirement for the Social Cultural Visa is a Letter of Invitation from an Indonesian sponsor, which is ASRI. Health In Harmony coordinates this process on ASRI’s behalf. In order to draft the letter, we will need the following information from you:
- A copy of your passport photo page (make sure the image is clear and legible)
- Your home address
- The location of the consulate where you will apply
- Your travel dates and itinerary—both into and out of Indonesia
- An introduction letter from your institution (see template here)
Visa Application Checklist
This is a sample list of what you will need to submit as part of your application. Exact requirements vary by consulate, so please read your consulate’s specific instructions carefully.
- Passport with at least 2 blank visa pages
- 1 copy of your itinerary into and out of Indonesia
- 1 copy of an invitation letter written by your Indonesian sponsor
- 1 copy of the Indonesian sponsor’s ID card
- 1 copy of the online application form
- 1 copy of your most recent bank statement
- 1 recent passport photo
- 1 cashiers check or money order for $50 made payable to the consulate (i.e. Indonesian Consulate General, San Francisco)
- Prepaid self-addressed envelope for the return of your passport
Filling out the visa application form
Here is information you will need filling out the visa application.
|Purpose of visit:||Social|
|Destination Address:||Jl. Sungai Mengkuang|
|Sponsorship in Indonesia:||NGO|
|Organization / Government name:||ASRI|
|Contact Name:||Nur Febriani Wardi|
|Position / Title:||Executive Director|
|Address:||Jl. Sungai Mengkuang|
In this section you can leave the return / through plans blank.