Planetary Health Exchange Program
Healing patients and healing the planet.
Join us in our mission to provide compassionate, high quality, and affordable care at ASRI, located on the edge of Gunung Palung National Park - one of the most important conservation areas in West Borneo. ASRI is a pioneering organization that intertwines the health of people with the health of nearby rain forest ecosystems.
We have opportunities for residents, medical students, and dental students who are interested in global and/or planetary health to integrate what they have learned in their coursework with direct experience at an innovative grassroots organization.
Supervised by our Clinic Manager, participants will exchange knowledge and best practices with Indonesian physicians and other members of the medical team. Additionally, they will:
- Observe routine clinical activities
- Participate in patient rounds
- Give presentations to enhance the capacity of the medical team
- Learn about the connections between human health and the health of the planet during excursions to ASRI's conservation, education, and economic development programs
- Become familiar with tropical and low-resource medicine
- Experience daily life in a remote location, near an incredible rain forest
Comments? Questions? Send us an email!
*Photo credit: Ana Sofia Amieva-Wang, YungAh Lee, Kinari Webb, Alex Domingo